Comment on page
10 Benefits of Music
- 1.Relaxing patients before surgery - A study found that listening to music helps cardiovascular patients calm down and relax before their surgeries, which is a crucial benefit for the nearly 4 million people who undergo heart surgery each year in the United States.
- 2.Relieving stress after surgeries - Music not only helps before surgeries. Another study found that listening to music during post-surgical rest, especially in cardiac patients, helps patients relax and reduces their stress levels.
- 3.Helping cancer patients manage stress and anxiety - Music has been proven to assist cancer patients in expressing their feelings, managing stress, and alleviating physical discomfort and pain. It also decreases anxiety and enhances their quality of life.
- 4.Improving recovery for stroke patients - Researchers in Finland discovered that when stroke patients listened to music for two hours a day, their verbal memory, attention, and moods improved compared to those who didn't listen to music or listened to audio books.
- 5.Improving sleep quality - Listening to classical music has been shown to effectively treat insomnia in college students, making it a safe, economical, and alternative option to sleep-inducing drugs and tranquilizers.
- 6.Increasing endurance - Listening to workout playlists can enhance physical performance and increase endurance during intense exercise sessions, partly because of its distracting power.
- 7.Pain relief - Music can significantly reduce the perceived intensity of pain, particularly in geriatrics, intensive care, or palliative medicine.
- 8.Helping people eat less - One study found that music and soft lighting in the meal environment can help people slow down while eating and consume less in a single meal.
- 9.Improving blood vessel function - Scientists found that the emotions experienced while listening to music have a positive impact on blood vessel function. The music made the participants feel happier, leading to increased blood flow in their vessels.
- 10.Relieving symptoms of depression - When feeling down, music can help you lift your mood. Research suggests that the genre of music matters, with classical and meditative music being particularly inspiring, while genres such as heavy metal and electronic music can make symptoms worse."